Sweet Easter Buns
- 2 Cups All-purpose Flour Plus Extra For Kneading
- 1 Cup Sugar, Divided
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary, Divided
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 3 Ounces Warm Milk Plus 1/4 to 1/3 Cup Warm Water
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup Vin Santo Wine (Or Other Sweet Wine)
- 2/3 Cup Raisins
- 1 Egg
- Coarse Sugar
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk along with a tablespoon of sugar and stir.
- Cover, and let proof for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat up the vin santo and place in a bowl with the raisins.
- After 30 minutes, strain the raisins and discard the liquid.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the rosemary in a small pot with the olive oil.
Notes: YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1/2 bun
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 352TOTAL FAT: 10gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 8gCHOLESTEROL: 24mgSODIUM: 35mgCARBOHYDRATES: 61gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 33gPROTEIN: 5g
This page is glorious. I am very proud of our club and its beautiful, informational web page. Ciao Chuck Fulco.